Google Ads Guide and Overview
If you have a website or blog then you might be wondering how to increase the traffic to your site quickly and easily. After all, getting traffic is to your site is the best way to increase the rankings of your site and the revenue that it makes for you.
One of the best ways for you to get people to come to your website is by using a paid advertising program like Google Ads which is one of the very best programs for this. It is very similar to Microsoft Advertising (Ads) if you have heard of that advertising program. Google Ads is a Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising platform uses a system of bids to show your advertisements on Google search results pages as well as countless other websites and blog around the internet. Another name for Pay-per-click advertising is paid search advertising.
How it works is when someone searches for a term, product or service then Ads will display advertisements that are appropriate to the search terms. The ads will be placed at the top of the search engine results pages (SERP’s) as well as on websites and blogs that people visit around the web.
A system of keywords is used that triggers which advertisements are shown to a person. A keyword is the word or a phrase that triggers the advertisements that are displayed to a person in Google’s search results and on the websites that a person visits that are displaying Google AdSense advertisements.
(Disclaimer: We may earn a commission from purchases made from some links.)
Basically what it comes down to is that you bid on how much money you are willing to pay to Ads for each time that someone clicks on your ad. The Google will display your advertisements according to your bid versus other advertisers bids. The higher your bid then the better chance your advertisements will show higher in the Google search results pages.
If you are interested in starting to use Google Ads to advertise your product, service, website or anything else then we have created a quick and easy guide below to help you get started using that advertising system below.
How to setup Google Ads
To get started you have to go to the Google Ads home page (https://ads.google.com/home/), find the Get started now button and sign up for an account. You can use an existing Google or Gmail account or create a new account.
1. Select your campaign type and name. Choose your campaign type, most preferably “Search Network” and give your advertising campaign a name.
2. Choose your preferred geographic location. Choose the location that you want your ads to show it can be selected regions or whole countries.
3. Choose your “bid strategy” and set your daily budget amount. This is the amount of money that you are willing to spend each day on the clicks for your ads. Ads uses bidding here and you can set this to manual or automatic.
4. “Ad Extensions” section. Here you choose any ad extension that you may want to include in your advertising campaign. This is very important as it enhances your advertisement Click. When you have set your extensions you will then click “Save and continue”.
5. Create your first ad group and write your first ad. Here you are limited to using only 25 characters so try to use keywords if possible and include a keyword in your ad headline.
The next two lines allow a maximum of 35 characters of text each. It’s best to describe your product, service, website or whatever else you are advertising on the second line. Then this line is followed by a feature or an offer on the third line.
On the last line you will put a URL your preferred landing page. Even though Google places the field to display your home page URL it can be any page of your website or blog. It is helpful if the landing page matches the keyword used for the advertisement but that is not a requirement.
6. Insert preferred keywords. Here you insert your the keywords that you are wanting to target for your ad campaign.
7. Set your maximum cost-per-click. Here you will set up your maximum price-per-click (amount you are willing to pay for clicks) for each keyword that you are wanting to target in your campaign. Please note that higher priced bids will usually get clicks much faster but you will use up your daily budget faster so keep that in mind.
8. Double check your Ads campaign. Review your ad and the keywords that you are wanting to use to be sure they are the best possible match to your advertisement goals. Make sure to check your cost-per-click (CPC), and the your landing page for your ads. Also make sure to check your budget so that you don’t spend more that you are planning to spend on your ad campaign.
9. Enter your billing information. Set all of your required billing information. This is important in order for your Ads advertising campaign to get started.
Google Ads is one of the best ways that you can advertise your products, services, website or blog or anything else that you want people to see. Google is the largest search engine on the planet with more people using it than any other search engine so advertising with Google Ads will get your ads in from of countless millions of people.
If you have something to sell, market or promote then Google Ads is a great choice and one that can yield great success for any company or person.
If you are considering using Google Ads then you can also check around the web by doing a search for special Google Ads promo codes that will give you free Google Ads credits to try out this advertising service to see if it is right for you.
Good Luck and may you reach the Apex in your Niche!